Complex is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex is seeking an experienced Influencer Strategist. As an Influencer Strategist, you will need to manage every aspect of hiring an Influencer as they relate to a Complex branded campaign— including, not to limited to — procurement, negotiation, and managing deliverables on-site and remotely.
All influencer campaigns include, but are not limited to, the following tasks: budget vetting, post platform strategy, research, outreach, communication/negotiations with influencer management, deck building (include a min. of double the amount of requested SPUs), bespoke contracting and SOW drafting, communications with Complex internal Legal and involved internal teams, managing product/content delivery and timelines, payment paperwork management and uploading, insights reporting (if requested), and more.
Working alongside our branded content team, you will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, and conducting influencers for a variety of campaigns, and then managing them through the pre-sale and post-sale phases of a campaign. You will help brainstorm and ideate different social and video teams with the strategy team as it relates to influencers as well.
- You will need to work with the Brand Partnership Studio on branded campaigns that require influencer talent in any capacity.
- Procure a variety of Influencers on a case-by-case basis and build decks around your procurement per campaign.
- Work directly with influencers and their management on contract negotiations and budget vetting.
- Work with Complex internal legal team and involved internal teams to manage contracts and negotiations.
- Draft SOW’s, manage invoices and manage payment paperwork.
- Actively source influencers on a regular basis utilizing professional networks, social media, and other relevant resources
- Collaborate with strategy, sales, and social team.
- You will need to work under tight and strict deadlines.
- Have a strong understanding of social media, branded content, and the Influencer space.
- Need to be creative, good at multitasking and passionate about the Complex brand.
- You have 4-5+ years of work experience ideally in a talent firm or relevant agency.
- You have the ability to build collaborative relationships with teammates and talent.
- You are incredibly organized and know how to get the job done in time sensitive situations.
- You are a team player; ready to help out across teams as situations come up.
- You are flexible with time and travel.
- You have clear communication skills with your team and the various teams at this company.
- You have a network of Influencer talent you can pull from and good relationships with PR agencies and talent management.
- You have previous experience in a Sourcer/ Talent Coordinator position
- You have extensive experience with deck building, keynote, and MS Office.
- You have experience working within branded content and social media.
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.