Associate Director, Original Development
Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex seeks an experienced Associate Director, Original Development to join the Complex Networks team. Complex Networks creates, develops and produces multi-platform content across its various brands distributed in a variety of mediums. With unparalleled storytelling, quality and efficiency, our stable of producers and editors place value on-screen by producing cost-effective and highly viewed programs. For the networks partners, we collaborate so our series match specific strategies from our clients while maintaining the ethos of the overall brands. For the viewers, we deliver shows that entertain, inform, immerse, engage and inspire.
- Will meet with Branded Content & Brand Strategy Departments regularly to Develop pitches for Complex Networks’ Branded Content efforts around the Complex, Sole Collector, Pigeons & Planes, and other Complex Networks brands.
- Execute development based off original programming strategy delivered by brand’s creative General Manager.
- Ideate & package original ideas and Identify key on-air talent to attach to projects for sale.
- Collaborate with Premium Content Team to co-develop pitches for 3rd party distributors.
- Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of development related experience
- Key Skills and Experience
- Successful candidate will be a developer and executive who has broad ranging relationships with US talent and network partners.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and grow a development team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Senior Management across the company.
- Experience with creating and formatting decks through Keynote, PowerPoint, and other similar software.
- Travel as needed.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check.
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.