Freelance Associate Producer
Complex is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex Networks is hiring an Associate Producer to join the Video Team on a Freelance basis. This individual will be responsible for supporting the production staff through an 7+ month project.
- Support the production processes of a short form interview-style program.
- See new content initiatives through the creative development process.
- Work with Producer team to implement execute segments and build the show's presence outside of the studio.
- MUST be easy to work with. Must be a team player.
- Contribute to tools such as talent and vendor databases
- Assist with budget maintenance
- 1-3 years of experience in a a related field
- Must have supported production of shoots (photo/video)
- Prior experience managing budgets
- Strong understanding of video equipment
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
Traits, Skills, and Abilities that are a must:
- Positive attitude
- Highly Organized
- Focus and tenacity to get tasks completed no matter the cost
- Resourceful nature and self-sufficiency can take the initiative to meet team goals
- Fast moving and communicative while working on various projects
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.