Complex Networks, formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst, is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex Networks is hiring a Line Producer to join the Brand Partnerships Studio (Ad Sales Marketing) team. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Senior Director of Production and creating and managing budgets, invoices and accounting for all branded videos.
- Develop top line campaign delivery schedule based on milestones/campaign key dates
- Estimating comprehensive production budgets in pre-sale for feasibility
- Working cross team to balance the creative expectations of the director, artists and creative personnel with the financial resources available.
- Advise producers on available resources and how to best utilize the finances available
- Work with the producer to ensure that the production is completed on time and within budget.
- Plan for the worst, while simultaneously inspiring the team to excel in their work every day.
- Being the thread that connects it all from pre-production to the wrap meeting.
- Maintain campaign budgets and credit card reconciliation
- Contribute to tools such as talent and vendor databases
- Track and record all actual spends vs. projected spends
- Work with finance team on invoice coding
- 8+ years relevant experience in digital video production
- Experience projecting & managing comprehensive budgets
- Extensive experience with working on scripted & non-scripted productions.
- Prior experience working on branded video content.
- Strong understanding of digital ad formats
- Highly organized, disciplined industry vet with in-depth knowledge of scheduling and budgeting and all of the physical and technical processes of filmmaking.
- Experience in Movie Magic, Showbiz, and other comparable softwares
- History working on a variety of budgets - from very modest to large
- Understanding of working with clients and meeting brand objectives.
- Agency experience is a plus
Traits, Skills, and Abilities that are a must:
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines and produce accurate budgets
- Ability to leverage personal/professional contacts to complete projects
- Resourceful nature and self-sufficiency can take the initiative to meet team goals
- Fast moving and communicative while working on various projects
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.