Front-End Engineer (Web Developer)
Complex Networks formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex is currently seeking a qualified Front-End Engineer to join its Experience Group within the Digital Department. The candidate will be responsible for development and maintenance of Interactive web applications and web services for Complex Media. Our ideal candidate is an experienced developer who enjoys coding, learning new technologies and has something to contribute to the development community.
The Web Developer will report to a Group Lead and work closely with fellow developers and QA Engineers to create high quality solutions for our business and clients needs.
Our Digital team operates in an Agile product development environment with continuous integration development workflow.
This position is based in New York.
- Involved in all aspects of the application development lifecycle: Idea, Development, QA, Documentation, Implementation, and Integration.
- Development, maintenance, troubleshooting and enhancements of the existing Web, Video and Mobile web applications and services.
- Adhere to project schedules and effectively report progress to meet challenging deadlines.
For immediate consideration, please include some code samples (link to github or zip archive) and your salary expectations in the cover letter.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Full-stack Web development and production.
- HTML & CSS and related tools: LESS, SASS, etc.
- React, Redux, Typescript, ES6, Node JS, Angular (1.4x) and Vanilla JS
- PHP / Laravel / MVC Frameworks
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL.
- JSON/REST API Web Services.
- Git, Github.
- Webpack / Babel, Grunt, Make.
- Unit Tests, Selenium.
- Experience developing for high volume traffic sites.
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks:
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that reaches the coveted 18-24 year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched their very first ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to Life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.