Associate Director, Project Management
Complex Networks, formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst, is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex is seeking an Associate Director, Project Management in our Brand Partnerships Studioto join our Los Angeles team. The Associate Director is responsible for leading a team that manages brand campaigns throughout the post-sale execution process from receipt of Insertion Order (IO) to completion and recap of program. He or she will be able to apply their strong understanding of marketing strategy, production, and campaign management skills to drive the business forward.
- Leads a team of four (4) West coast based Project Managers who execute custom campaign packages that include digital media, branded content, custom video, sponsorship, experiential and more.
- Provides direct reports with support and guidance throughout the post-sale process
- Expert in 2-3 high priority products and train department-wide on best practices and process
- Analyzes and improves workflow and capabilities to maximize revenue, renewals and cross-functional operations
- Helps with transitioning sold-in campaigns to the post-sale team, ensuring all proposal details are clearly outlined
- Works cross-functionally to develop post-sale process, solutions, insights, and problem solve in real-time
- Trains and mentors team members by adding to their development and skill set
- Anticipates trends in the marketplace and generates and implements new ideas on solutions
- Reports into and works directly with Sr. Director, Project Management in building / optimizing new processes, category insights and learnings, developing innovations and client service
- Develop and present quarterly presentations around department innovation and insights
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in digital media, integrated marketing, account management or relevant agency or publisher
- At least 5 years of experience producing / executing advertiser-driven campaigns
- At least 1-2 years experience managing a team
- Passion for lifestyle, fashion/sneakers, music, sports, gaming, and pop culture
- Are a trusted teammate - your employees, peers, and co-workers value your ideas and contributions
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work
- Are open, collaborative, and curious - this is an ever-changing company and we value people who listen and collaborate with an open mind for possible new ways of doing things
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Familiar with working in Microsoft, Google, Slack and Asana
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex NetworksComplex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.