Senior Account Director, Brand Partnerships
Complex Networks formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex seeks an experienced, motivated, and sales-driven Senior Account Director to join our New York Brand Partnerships team. You will be a part of a top-notch sales team, selling integrated marketing programs across Complex’s network of sites, custom and sponsored video, branded content and ComplexCon sponsor packages. This solution-oriented individual will be responsible for creating partnerships across multiple brands and initiatives while maximizing revenue.
- This role is based in New York
Complex is the perfect environment for team players with a passion for never-been-done-before programs, branded content creation, building custom ad units and developing long-term partnerships. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing brand and team while earning a very competitive compensation.
- Nurturing established territories while also having the opportunity to sell and develop untapped regions.
- The ideal candidate is creative, ambitious, organized and is great at identifying and closing business across specific categories – MUST HAVE experience selling digital content and big ideas.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on monthly/quarterly/annual basis across digital, mobile, video, branded content. and programmatic.
- Build existing account relationships while prospecting and developing new accounts.
- Schedule and execute at least 10 face-to-face meetings a week including lunches, dinners, and client entertaining.
- Act as a liaison between Complex and advertiser on all marketing programs, including but not limited to advertising campaigns, advertorials, events, social and mobile promotions.
- Gather market and advertiser information through competitive websites as well as trade journals.
- Keep abreast of forthcoming marketing and editorial developments and special promotions to communicate with advertiser base.
- Prepare weekly sales report.
- 7+ years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- A bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills
- Campaign management experience
- “Win-Win” attitude with a hunger to meet and exceed goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skillset
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks:
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.