Complex Networks, formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst, is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex seeks a talented Product Designer with strong visual and interaction design skills, design research experience, and a passion for storytelling and user-centered design, especially on mobile. In this role, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from initial brainstorming to user testing to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize a wide range of skills across interaction design, visual design, prototyping and usability testing.
The Product Designer will collaborate with product, design, technology, and editorial teams, and should have experience designing large-scale content sites and user-centric products across mobile and desktop. Evangelizing design principles and imagining groundbreaking ideas that advance the future of storytelling while optimizing the experience based on user testing and data excites you. You will be in an engaging environment where you’ll be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, and share new ideas.
- Conceptualize and design UI layouts and styling for Complex’s digital products and platforms, including large-scale consumer web and mobile properties
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, high res mockups, and production-ready assets
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Developers on products and features
- Use UI/UX best practices to optimize user-oriented workflows
- Leverage data to inform design decisions
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale visually and verbally
- See digital products from start to finish, start with the initial concept and wireframing to prototyping, qa testing, and iterating on visual direction until you achieve the product goals
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years experience UX/UI design across platforms (desktop, mobile, tablet) at a consumer focused tech or media company creating complex user interfaces and beautiful visual designs for responsive web properties; video-centric experience, an advantage.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience designing responsive sites that displays knowledge of the constraints and opportunities per platform
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications
- Background in mobile web and/or application development with a strong understanding of what works and is optimal for multiple form factors is strongly desired
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
- Experience working with small agile teams or working very closely with engineers and product managers
- Display a strong ability to communicate your design vision through verbal explanation, sketching, or quick mock ups to small or large groups, from developers to executives
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude
- Passionate about staying up-to-date on the current and best design practices, trends, and technology
- Proven experience with Adobe CS/CC, and experience with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, InVision, an advantage
- Portfolio of UX/Visual Design projects
- Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival