Manager, People & Culture
Complex Networks, formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst, is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex is seeking a Manager, People & Culture to join the Human Resources team. Based in Beverly Hills, this is an exciting and challenging opportunity to provide strategic Human Resources support and direction to the California-based population of Complex. This role is responsible for a diverse array of HR support activities related to the entire employee lifecycle. The successful candidate will not only have experience in dealing with employee relations issues and concerns, but will also have experience supporting cross-functional teams and dealing with internal stakeholders.
- Act as the day-to-day employee contact for all HR and Employee Relations matters in the LA office, including oversight of employee communication, leave tracking, conflict management
- Lead all HR initiatives in the LA office in collaboration with the VP and Director of People and Culture, such as program implementation, training and development, performance management, and office culture initiatives, amongst others
- Administer new hire onboarding and ensure that all new hires have a positive experience in the LA office
- Administration of Performance Improvement Plans and owning employee disciplinary process, up to and including termination for all LA employees
- Owning office culture for LA and conducting event planning for the LA office in collaboration with Director of P&C (happy hours, swag, holiday parties, giveaways, etc)
- Conducting exit interviews for all exiting LA staff, communicating any insights gathered to the VP and Director
- Management of the visa process and tracking of all upcoming renewals for all offices
- Assist the Recruiting team in communication with LA Hiring Managers, welcoming candidates and ensuring a quality candidate experience
- Maintaining employee date via HRIS (Namely)
- 3+ years experience in Human Resources with direct exposure to employee relations
- BS degree required, preferably in human resources management, business administration or equivalent experience
- Solid knowledge of employment laws - CA, specifically
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate ideas to solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver operational excellence and
- Proven time management skills and multi-tasking in a fast paced
- Proactive mindset, ability to multi-task and prioritize issues for large client groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of interpersonal, diplomacy and confidentiality skills
- Positive and collaborative attitude
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.