Director of Marketing Strategy
Complex Networks formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix, Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex is looking to hire a Director of Marketing Strategy to join the Marketing department. The Director of Marketing Strategy will be responsible managing a small team of highly skilled Marketing Managers, partnering across the Marketing department and different Complex Networks teams to deliver memorable, data-informed marketing campaigns that elevate new initiatives to larger B2C and B2B audiences in a big way.
- Working alongside the Marketing department’s PR, Paid Media and Business Intelligence teams, you and the Marketing Strategy team will…
- Ideate, develop, present, and execute creative marketing programs; partnering with key editorial, sales, marketing and BD stakeholders
- Lead company-wide cross-functionals around big launches to ensure inclusivity, internal alignment and a variety of creative perspective
- Lead a small team of Marketing Managers around specific Complex, First We Feast and Sole Collector initiatives
- Maintain programming calendar of company-wide content, client, product and brand launches to establish transparency and focus for how we best support new launches with enough lead time
- Work closely with Sales during the pre-sales and post-sales process to translate client briefs into thoughtful, 360 partner marketing programs
- Partner with Business Intelligence team to implement a data-informed approach to how new marketing programs are developed, tracked, optimized, reported on, and inform future activity
- Proactively identify new channels, events, tactics and other experimental opportunities for Complex Networks’ brands and IP to explore
- You have 6+ years experience planning, leading and executing large-scale, cross-channel Marketing programs
- You’re passionate about Complex Networks’ brands and content
- You have experience planning and buying across digital, social, OOH, print and other channels
- You’re agile and can operate in long-lead and short-lead situations
- You are highly collaborative, inclusive and organized
- You can create a mean deck and maintain a detailed budget
Complex offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
About Complex Networks:
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that reaches the coveted 18-24 year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched their very first ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to Life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.